Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Week of July 24-28

Sunday and Monday ~ Clean, rearrange, organize kids' bedroom. This included sorting through all the extra toys the kids keep in the garage in storage totes for lack of space. I'm trying to teach them not to pack rat everything and think of things more logically.

We have officially declared that school is over until August 21st. That will be our first school day of the new school year. We could wait until September, but there's so much I want to do next year. I did plan our Konos units for the year. Here's the schedule:

08/21 - 09/15: Wisdom ~ Government & U.S. Constitution
09/25 - 10/20: Orderliness ~ Plant Classification / Rock Classification / Animal Classification
10/30 - 11/22: Attentiveness ~ Indians
12/04 - 12/22: Love/Generosity ~ Christmas
01/02 - 02/02: Honor ~ Countries-Cultures-Kindness-Etiquette (Japan) / Cathedral & Church Architecture
02/12 - 04/06: Wisdom ~ Presidents & Electoral Process
04/16 - 05/11: Patience ~ Plant Growth-Gardening / Grain-Bread-Yeast
05/21 thru summer: Courage ~ American War for Independence

We plan to take one week off between units and to cover the units rather quickly (in the recommended time) so that I can cover the most material before the Princess is ready for the high school curriculum. I have 4 years, but there's so much I want to do. Each volume takes 2 years in the recommended time and we have 2 volumes we haven't really covered yet. I may be pushing it, but we'll see.

* This post was edited on July 26th. I'm still planning. he he

1 comment:

Sprittibee said...

Let me know how it goes. ;) I'm in my 4th year of Volume 1... and about to start another year to finish it up! We started when they were in preschool with it, however... so they are just now entering 3rd and 4th respectively. I'm bound and determined to get finished with it. All of my rabbit trails are really slowing us down. Of course, one of those years was Christian School (so really, this will be our 4th year coming up, not 5th). Still... I really should quit being a perfectionist and stop doing every single activity in the book. I need to take my own advice, in other words! Thanks for stopping in and commenting on my Konos Planning Post. You inspired me to print some of it and get started on my planning for next year! We are just about to start our last week of the 2005-6 school year tomorrow, and then we've got visiting relatives coming for a week... and August off for playing and field trips.

We will start school back up September 1st... or close to it. I miss school when we aren't doing it... but I am also looking forward to reading some books for myself and planning books in the 4 weeks we have off! ;) Nice to "meet" you! Happy homeschooling!