Monday, July 23, 2007

Back to School and Blogging About It

We are finally back to school and I am finally recording it again. We ended school last year on April 23rd, the day the Princess broke her ankle. Today is July 23rd, so that means we took a 3 month "summer" vacation, which was really half spring - half summer, but same-difference, right? So here's what we've done today:

Konos In A Box: Obedience: Light and Authority
Bible / Language Arts / Literature

Spelling Power tests to determine current spelling level for both kids. The Princess taking anoher placement test tomorrow to determine exact grade level. Although her reading level is very high, her spelling skills are lacking. She's about two grades behind. Since the Prince just started spelling (according to Spelling Power recommendations), he will start at the beginning of the word lists.

Math U See review work (There was some trouble here that Dad will take care of when he gets home.)

We also read Proverbs 1. Our pastor recommended that we read one chapter a day in Proverbs and pick a verse that speaks to us to work on. The Princess picked verse 8 and the Prince picked verse 9.

I'd go into more detail, but I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things and I really don't think that I should over do it by being an over acheiver just yet.

I pray that I am able to make simple yet effective habits for our school year and not overwhelm myself with other "stuff" that is empty and fruitless.

No comments: