Monday, October 02, 2006

August 28-September 1

I am now working from home so, I also started keeping assignment sheets on August 29th. This is a check off list I give the kids while I work from home. I check their progress throughout the day and there is space for evaluations at the end of the day. Anything left undone can be added to the next day's progress list. Our unit theme this week was the Constitional Convention. Lots of this was over the Prince's head and some was even too much for the Princess, but I think the children really learned about the hard work that was put into forming our country. The check list itself was also a learning tool. The kids are learning to be responsible and self-motivated while I am busy with work. They also have to learn to be respectful so that I can have a peaceful work environment. It was a rough week with me working and trying to make sure something got accomplished. It didn't go the way I planned, but it wasn't a complete loss. This week was a learning week for things other than just academics. It was definately character building.

No comments: