Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday 06-29-06

Yesterday we went to Fiesta Texas and the princess is on physical activity restriction (for chest pain) so today we are taking it easy.

What We Did
a. Watched episode of the History Channel's Revolution, about the American Revolution, discussed.
b. Tried to learn to play Redemption, a biblical card game, decided it was too involved.
c. Played Clue Mystery
d. Made forts out of blankets, pillows, etc... in the kids' bedroom.
e. Drew rough drafts of floorplans for dream bedrooms. The Princess has done a final copy on graph paper.

Skills Used / What We Learned
a. history - Revolutionary War and sacrifices made for our freedom
b. reasoning - to get out when your in over your head
c. reasoning, practical living - cooperation, strategy & using clues
d. creative expression, practical living, reasoning - cooperation
e. creative expression, arts & crafts, reasoning, applied math - drafting, fitting things to scale, prioritizing

6 comments:

Sprittibee said...

Thanks for the link, Gwendolyn. I think you spelled my blog name wrong, however. :) It's SprittiBee, not SpiritBee. I think that's funny, though - because one of my inlaws called it that as well. It is a rather strange name. I have had people google it as such, also.

Gwendolyn said...

How imbarasing. I caint even spel nuttin rite. And I homeskool my childrun. he he
Thanks for pointing that out Sprittibee. I believe I have made the proper corrections.

BTW- Why does word verification come up when I comment on my own blog?

Grafted Branch said...

Redemption is too involved -- that's ironic, isn't it. It was for One, who in accomplishing it made it so simple for us to benefit.

I think I'm going to be encouraged in my own homeschooling by your new blog. Keep posting, I'll keep reading.

Gwendolyn said...

Thanks Sprittibee for emailing me permission to delete your comment. I will however, leave it as an example that I know my imperfections, few though they may be.

Grafted Branch, if One can teach it to my kids, I'd be forever grateful. I was trying to find my son a biblical alternative to all those demon dealing cards.

Grafted Branch said...

You know when I used "One" here in this context I was speaking of Jesus -- not my first born! Ha ha!

Maybe I need to find a new moniker for my kids. It's too confusing.

Gwendolyn said...

GB, that's too funny. I guess my kids arn't gonna learn the card game. However, they have the real thing down pat. I'm really proud of the kind of people my children are growing up to be - in spite of me.